The desert hub (hub), an initiative of the Desert Peoples Centre (DPC), is committed to protecting your privacy online. This policy outlines how we use the personal and organisational information you provide to us through our website. The hub and the DPC abide by the National Privacy Principles, which provide a scheme in relation to the collection, disclosure, use and storage of personal information. The policy may be updated from time to time.
The hub and the DPC collects and stores the following information about visitors to its websites:
- server address
- domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc)
- the date and time of visit
- the web pages accessed and documents downloaded
- previous site visited
- type of browser used
This information cannot directly identify individuals. It is only used to measure the number of visitors to the different parts of the site and to help us make the site more useful to you. You are able to browse our site without entering any personal information and therefore remain anonymous during your visit.
use of information collected
The hub and DPC does not sell, loan or give away any information collected from our website. We only record your e-mail address if you send us a message or complete an online form. For example:
- Feedback on our site – we use this to administer and improve our website
- Subscribe to our updates – we and our Internet development service provider only use the information provided to administer the delivery of our updates to those requesting it
- Complete the hub’s contact form, either to (1) establish contact, or (2) register your organisation on our social enterprise directory – we use this information for relationship management; to provide a showcase opportunity for local organisations; and to gain insight into the target (social enterprise) community
We strive to keep all information current. If you have identified that the information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can amend it.
Some cookies that are issued may contain your personally identifiable information.
If you would like to avoid cookies, your web browser may have an option that enables you to disable or not accept cookies. It should be noted, however, that should you disable or not accept cookies, portions of the Site may not properly function.
The hub and DPC does not control or endorse Third Party Sites.
Feedback or queries on this policy